Saturday, March 29, 2008

Message of the Day - Seeing Your Neighborhood for the First Time

Good Morning,

 

This morning I was driving around town doing some errands. I had the radio off and did not have anything pressing on my mind. I was driving and enjoying the scenery. As I come to a major intersection I saw signs on a building I have never seen before. I wonder to myself when were they put up. Looking closer I notice they are not new.

 

Further down the road I notice an odd entranceway into a building I pass regularly. Again, I wonder when was this changed, and again, further inspection, while waiting for the light to change, it is not new.

 

Then it hit me. They have been here all the time, and it was me who was not paying attention.

 

I am often driving through town, thinking of where I am going, what I am going to do, what I am going to say when I get there and what paper I have to write for college. My mind is so occupied with driving and what I am going to do after I finish driving, I close out parts of the world.

 

When I made the realization I smiled and continued to look around at the neighborhood with the subtle differences that I was seeing for the first time.

 

Maybe we have become a bit too busy to smell the roses, much less see them.

 

Take a step back, and enjoy the ride!

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/  ß Check out the new Blog site

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

No comments: