Thursday, March 6, 2008

Message of the Day - The Good and the Tired

Good Morning,

 

The last two nights I did not have the energy to stay up and read much. Normally at 9:25 PM I am tucking in my daughter Samantha after she watches an episode of Scooby-Do (a family ritual until the TV line up changes), and then I go off and read for an hour or so and then tip toe into bed (honest Karen, it is tip-toeing).

 

The last two nights after tucking in Samantha, I did not have enough energy to read and stay focused. I felt like I would fall asleep on my feet. So I went to bed at 9:30 PM both nights. I tried to get up early and do some of the reading I missed, but it has not been the same.

 

I am not upset though. The reason I have been so tired these last two nights is due to my donating blood for the second time in my life this past Tuesday. Donating a pint of blood takes a lot out you, and forces your body to redirect energy to recreate that missing blood. So my reading time for the last two nights has been donated to save the lives of others. Not a bad trade; makes me proud, really.

 

Isn’t it interesting that the good deeds we do for others can tire us out and yet leave us feeling fulfilled? A lot of times what is needed is not as easy to do as it may look. And only the truly committed (or those who should be….just kidding…or am I?) to doing the work to help others see it through to the end, and endure whatever consequences come from their actions. That is, you make sacrifices or give up what you want or need to do to help others.

 

It is a beneficial trade off. So when you are good, it is okay to be tired.  You earned it!

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/  ß Check out the new Blog site

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

 

 

No comments: