Sunday, March 2, 2008

Message of the Day - The Blame Game

Good Morning,

 

Have you every heard of the blame game? It is a simple game to play, let me show you how it works. First, when something goes wrong, instead of taking responsibility for whatever went wrong, you simply blame someone or something else. Here are some examples:

 

  • While walking along a path, I twist my ankle in a hole in the pavement. So, while in pain, I blame the pavement or the people who are supposed to maintain it for my woes instead of myself for not looking out better while walking.

 

  • While dining out, a spill a glass of diet cola on the table and my shirt. Instead of blaming my own lack of attention or coordination, I yell at my daughter or a wait staff for distracting me.

 

  • Here is another. I get an email and respond to it without really reading the contents and drop the ball on a project. Instead of blaming myself for not paying better attention, I blame my coworkers or boss for creating a hectic business environment.

 

With the blame game, you do not have to take responsibility for anything you do!  Isn’t that great!! 

 

Well, actually, no, its not. When you blame others for your failures, you create undo tension between you and these people. Those you blame begin to dislike and distrust you. Soon, you will find that folks will not want to deal with you because you are totally irresponsible and won’t face up to anything you do.

 

Personal responsibility is a very powerful tool. It makes us honest and worthy of respect.

 

Be responsible, and save the blame game for Hollywood and Soap Operas.

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/  ß Check out the new Blog site

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

 

 

No comments: