Monday, June 2, 2008

Message of the Day - A slice of happiness

Good Morning,

 

This past weekend was a whirlwind of activity. Running around, working hard, and hopefully getting a lot accomplished. Amidst this work, I strained muscles, put a crook in my neck and walked around parts of the Louisville in the hot sun doing quick research for my Mom who may be moving back to the States from Mexico.

 

All the while as I was running around, and pushing through a long list of tasks, I had an inner happiness flowing through me. My work, no matter how menial, like cleaning cat boxes, all had a purpose to benefit those I love and care about.

 

Happiness can be found in many different places. It does not have to be watching a movie or receiving a gift. It does not even have to be making a dinner for someone or making them a craft item like a drawing or painting.

 

Happiness can be found in the simple things we do daily. Sweeping the floor brings happiness as those who come after you can walk on a clean floor. Gathering information to help someone make a more informed decision can bring happiness in the reduced frustration someone having more information to chose from.

 

Happiness can be in combing a cat, or giving a hug. Try not to look too hard, because happiness is not always some deep concept. It is often right there in front of us.

 

Whatever your plans are for today, enjoy your slice of happiness, it is right there for you.

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

 

No comments: