Friday, June 13, 2008

Message of the Day - Not Going It Alone or Strength in Numbers

Good Morning,

 

I find that I am a pretty good thinker and planner by myself. I have read many books, went back to college for a Bachelors and MBA and I go to seminars and focus groups and actively participate in work situations which give me opportunities to lead and grow. This though does not make me an island. I am okay by myself, but complimented by others, I am much better. During the crazy days of non-stop action, I try not to lose sight of this.

 

It is working with other people that my strengths can be used and my influence can reach others. It is here when all that reading and schooling pays off. In fact, most of my ideas and plans come off better when I have had the opportunity to share them with others. Working with others even helps me refine my own thinking. Even if it is only hearing my own words as I say them and reflecting on the facial inflections of those listening to me, having others work with helps me be better.

 

Going a step further, surrounding yourself with people more brilliant and skilled than you are is always a good plan. Since we do not have signs on our foreheads telling our IQ or how smart we are, try not to rely on stereotypes. Just realize that some people’s brilliance is not seen until they are in action and you see knowledge and skills you never realized existed before. People can amaze you with their ingenuity, just give them the opportunity to try and shine or not. Bouncing ideas off each other and seeing different perspectives can forge great plans from good ones.

 

No matter how good you are, you will always be better when you work with people who compliment you. Be open to the wisdom and skill of others and try not to pigeon-hole folks into what roles they can play in your life.

 

The world of possibilities will really open up for anyone who is willing and open to share with and work with others, allowing everyone to be their best and use their strengths.

 

It is much better than going it alone.

 

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

No comments: