Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Message of the Day - Reaching Milestones

Good Morning,

 

Throughout our lives we achieve many things. Some achievements are small, some are large and some are monumental while others are easily overlooked or forgotten shortly after they are completed.

 

This past Monday I achieved another milestone in my life, and let me tell you, 2008 has been full of them. On Monday I finished my last class in my Masters Program at the University of Phoenix. It did not come with a lot of fanfare, in fact I have not had a moment to sit back and reflect about it until this very moment, several days later.  Yet, it is a milestone I worked very hard for over the last fourteen months. On Tuesday morning, I became an MBA.

 

It was a long road and I am happy it has come to an end. During the weeks and months during the program I often looked ahead and tell myself: Only seven more classes, only eight more months, only four more classes, only three more months, only one more class, only 3 more weeks, etc. I felt like quitting several times along the way. Class projects and papers came into conflict with other life goals and I had to balance them out. This was the 11th class, it was free, but it was not easy. It was the class on perseverance, the art of sticking to it even when the going gets rough.

 

I earned more than an MBA over the last year. I gained a lot of experience in dealing with continual requirements of class after class, paper after paper, project after project. In addition to this, I was not in a vacuum, I had a job, family obligations and other organizations keeping busy as well. And then there was my incessant reading going on all the time.

 

Sticking to it over the long haul to your goal will help you gain more than your goal as well. You pick up a lot along the way, and if you stick with it, the sum of your learning and gain will often be greater than your original plans.

 

Onward to more milestones!

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

No comments: