Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Meesage of the Day - Ole Reliable

Good Morning,

At times I look back through my life and wonder just how I wound up where I am today. How did I get from being a skinny kid who thought he knew it all, living in Massapequa, New York, to being the person I am today, a life-long learner, with a great wife and wonderful kids in Louisville, Kentucky?

The short answer is that I went through a lot of change.

There were many times in my life where I changed gears and directions and started to do something new. I remember leaving my family to go to college in Buffalo, NY. I remember then leaving college in Buffalo and working for the Church of Scientology for a couple of years. I remember packing up my life to move to the Catskills in New York to start over. I remember the years I worked as a welder in a machine shop, I remember sitting in the hospital with two broken legs, where I knew, just knew, that my life had changed forever. I remember the day I started commuting from upstate New York to New York City, some 2.5 hours each way. I remember driving the moving van from Maryland to Kentucky with my life packed in behind me and my cats in a carrier at my side, and breaking down after 10 minutes on the road at night in December. That was a change.

Through all that change I remember one constant which I have been looking to longingly when I get a chance. Something that has been a gauge for me throughout my life. These last few mornings as I walk Bocefus, aka ‘Bo’, at O’Dark:30 I have been able to look up through the clear skies and see my guy.

That unchanging image…

Orion: the constellation.

It has been so dark in the wee hours that you can see all the stars in his body and the stars of his sword hanging from his belt.

Throughout my life, I remember looking up at the night sky, and no matter what was going on in my life. My parents getting divorced, my going to college the first time, my dropping out of college, my moving from state to state, my going back to college, my getting married, getting injured, accepting Christ, when my Mom passed, etc. Whatever has gone in my life, I have been able to look up in the night sky and see my guy, Orion.

Orion has been Ole Reliable for me. Seeing the constellation is calming and warms my heart. It gives me hope that I can continue through everything that I am facing.

Do you have an ole reliable in your life? Something that throughout your life has been there to help you?

If you don’t you can create one. You too can share my guy, Orion. Or you can find another source, like I have as of late, in the Good Book.

Find something that you can look to even it is just a constellation, to help calm you when life throws all sorts of changes at you.

Cause no matter what happens tomorrow, ole reliable will be there.

Enjoy!

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://www.berenberg.net

http://learnandgrowdaily.com ß-Cick here to order: "Learn And Grow Daily!"
http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

No comments: