Thursday, September 10, 2009

Message of the Day - Changes.....and more Changes.....

Good Morning,

 

First, a correction from yesterday’s post: The Blessings in a Backpack website is www.blessingsinabackpack.com not .org, that is for one of their branches.

 

I wrote this next message back in early June, and had I known what was coming in end of June and July, I would have posted it a lot earlier, but here it is:

 

This past week and a half, my family and I have been on a Staycation with a short trip to Ohio to visit relatives. Most of this time we have been using to get settled into our new house and prepare our old house to go on the market. In the middle of this we adopted a dog who was a rescue. He is a mix of Labrador Retriever and Pit Bull Terrier. His name is Bocifus, or ‘Bo’ for short. Bo is a large, strong and extremely energetic dog who just wants to be everyone’s friend.

 

Bo has also caused us to change our routines in our every day lives. These changes were not simple make one change and be done with it. These changes have been coming up one at a time as we face each new day and each new situation. Having a dog is not like having a cat (or 5 cats). When my wife Karen works a weekend shift, and the kids are with their Dad for the same weekend, I cannot just up and go away for long periods of time. I have to be around to take care of Bo. My morning routines now include walking the dog for 30 minutes.

 

Each of these changes has forced me to re-evaluate what I do and the importance each task or item has in my life. The rapid fire change then has helped me get clarity in many areas of life.

 

Change can do that.

 

Change can also change the way you look at life. I could complain about losing close to another hour a day in taking care of the dog. I could complain about having to fight for reading time, for personal time, etc., I could try to push my responsibilities on my kids and wife, and try to keep my old schedule, but that wouldn’t help matters.

 

Change comes, and it must be addressed. Like all things, our attitude toward the change often dictates how we fare I the times of change.

 

When change enters your life, and it will, how will you address it? Will you complain, hide from it, ignore it, or embrace it for the gift it can often be?

 

Welcome change and what it brings to us.

 

By the way, due to my ‘Bo’ exercise program, I have lost about 20 pounds and still going strong!

 

Enjoy!

 

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://www.berenberg.net 

http://learnandgrowdaily.com ß-Cick here to order: "Learn And Grow Daily!"
http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

 

 

 

 

No comments: