Sunday, August 3, 2008

Message of the Day - Making Every Day Great!

Good Morning,

 

I took a break from reading The Undercover Economist to dive into my first Normal Vincent Peale book which I picked up for $1 in the Half-Priced Books clearance section. The book is ‘Have a Great Day – Every Day!’ (http://www.amazon.com/Have-Great-Norman-Vincen-Peale/dp/0449912078). This book has a positive paragraph a day for every day of the year, including February 29th. It was magical to read through this treasure trove of positive material. I have seen much of it used again by other authors, but reading it from Norman Vincent Peale’s own hand made it that much more potent. This book, though, will not have a place in my bookshelf of read books as it will lay on my night stand so that I can read it as it was meant to be read, one day at a time.

 

Let me share with you two sections of this book, and you can see how powerful it truly is:

 

March 5:

 

There is one way to avoid criticism: Never do anything, never amount to anything. Never get your head above the crowd so that the jealous will notice and attack you. Criticism is a sign that your personality has some force.

 

July 25:

 

What’s wrong with having problems? The only people who have no problems are in cemeteries. Problems are a sign of life. So be glad you’ve got them. It means you are alive. The more problems you have, the more alive you are. If you have no problems, better get down on your knees and ask: “Lord, don’t you trust me anymore? Give me some problems.”

 

Wow. Both of these entries just echoed through me. No need to comment on them, they both speak for themselves.

 

I look forward to adding this book to my daily read with my bible.

 

Getting more positive EVERY day!!!

 

Enjoy

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://www.berenberg.net ß New and Updated!!

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

No comments: