Saturday, August 23, 2008

Message of the Day - The Long Reach of Our Words

Good Morning,

 

I find it amazing that influence that our words can have on others: and how those words are shared with more and more people, reaching people you may never know or ever meet. It is like the Six Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon. Last week I was catching up with Dr. Todd Arwood, of TAPP (www.toddarwood.com). I am a guest writer for the newsletter that he and his associate, Dr. Hope Stith publish. Some of these messages of the day are reprinted in his monthly newsletter. I am very thrilled to be able to reach many more people this way.

 

Todd told me about the impact and reach of one of my messages. In that message I was talking about the book “The Ultimate Gift” in that message. One of Todd’s readers liked it so much, she bought the book and read it. She then shared the book with her Son, who also loved it and wrote a book report on it for School. The teacher who read the book report was so impressed that they bought the bought and read it themselves. That is amazing, but the story does not end there.

 

The book, ‘The Ultimate Gift” was recommended to me by one of your on this list. This means that your suggestion to me has helped not only me, but has reached out all the way to that Teacher and many others we may never know of.

 

How cool is that?

 

Our suggestions, our words and our messages have a very long reach. Often we will never know how far, and what good they will do. And if we are not careful, what harm they may cause. This is a reminder to all of us, even to myself, that we must keep giving our good messages to others. Who knows who they may ultimately reach and the good they will do? They may be just what that person needed to hear or read at the moment!

 

The recommendation to me (1), to Todd & Hope (2), to their reader (3), to their reader’s son (4), to his teacher (5) has only one more degree of separation left to reach Kevin Bacon!

 

Keep the words moving and Thank you for suggesting, reading and passing along these messages.

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://www.berenberg.net

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

 

 

No comments: