Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Message of the Day - Success through Failure

Good Morning,

 

If you are reading this email prior to receiving the one I tried to send yesterday…twice… then you will know that email got lost some point through the day in the internet. I sent my message “Big Ideas Do Not Have To Start out BIG” at 8:00 AM and again at 7:00 PM that evening. Throughout the day, yesterday, emails sent to me took hours to arrive as well, including others I sent to myself.

 

So, I called my ISP, AT&T and tried to troubleshoot both the latency of my arriving emails and the trouble with sending emails (some I could send & receive, and others, like the message of the day, I could not). We troubleshooted my email and my internet connection. Everything was fine, both on my pc with my own spam filter (I am a trusted sender on my own PC J ). We even checked to see if there were any spam filters in AT&T which may have caught my messages. According to their tech’s they do not. With millions of customers it would be a nightmare blocking such traffic. So, no solution there, but great service.

 

Next I called my email provider, Yahoo. Once again I was able to get through to a solid tech who walked me through every facet of my email. We tested sending and receiving and while he could send, and receive from me, I could not receive from myself. Again, no problems on Yahoo’s or AT&T’s and my PC’s ends. But, again, great service.

 

After all the calls, it was determined some unknown latency which is out there in the internet which is tied to somewhere out there….

 

During the night, the rest of my missing emails, except for the two messages of the day, arrived. I have been told it can take upwards of 72 hours for an email to get through when there are network issues somewhere along the way on the internet. (I apologize that you will receive the other message twice, when it finally arrives some day…)

 

Even though I did not get my problem resolved, I received great service from both techs, one at AT&T and one at Yahoo!.

 

I’ll take the great service!!

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

 

 

No comments: