Sunday, July 20, 2008

Message of the Day - YTCO

Good Morning,

 

As I continue reading ‘Breakfast with Fred” I came across a section on accountability. Fred referenced the Confederate General, J.E.B. Stuart, who signed all of his letters to General Robert E. Lee with: Yours To Count On (YTCO).

 

Think about that:  Yours To Count On.

 

That is quite powerful. I would feel a lot more comfort in that signature than Sincerely Yours or others. And these where not just words, J.E.B. Stuart worked hard to live up to those words. He strived to be accountable in everything he did. Being human, we are not perfect, but with practice, focus and dedication we can come close in areas where we excel.

 

I strive to be a man of my word, but I am not perfect and have failed to do what I promised more than I would have liked. This does not make me a failure, it gives me a drive and focus to try harder to deliver what I promise and learn better to not promise what I cannot deliver. As I grow older and hopefully wiser I am moving away from over promising and under delivering to under promising and over delivering. It is not that I am making fewer promises, but I am learning to stop making promises that I cannot always deliver.

 

Going forward, I would love to be able to sign my letters and posts with Yours To Count On. I work every day to become a better person, and to over deliver on my promises. I will get there.

 

I continue to meet new people and see my existing friends also becoming more accountable in life. This growing accountability will help everyone. Imagine your life with people around you who all could sign their letters or emails to with Yours To Count On and you know they mean it.

 

It all starts with improving our own accountability, and learning to over deliver on our promises, and make sure we only make promises we can deliver on.

 

Enjoy!

 

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

 

 

No comments: