Saturday, July 26, 2008

Message of the Day - The Teacher has passed but the lessons remain

Good Morning,

 

As many of you may have heard, this last Friday, July 25th, Dr. Randy Pausch lost his battle with Pancreatic Cancer and passed away. This event may have gone by unnoticed as it sadly does with the thousands of others who lose their battles with cancer. Then there was ‘The Last Lecture’. Delivered last year where Dr. Pausch shared information on achieving you childhood dreams. This lecture turned into a book and also turned into a phenomenon.

 

My favorite line by Dr. Pausch, the greatest takeaway from the last lecture is this:

 

“Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things”.

 

I have run into many brick walls in my life, and I expect I will continue to do so. Now when I hit that brick wall, I ask myself, ‘how badly do I want this?’ And if I want it bad enough, I dust myself off and find a way to go around that brick wall, climb over it, dig under it or if need be, break through it.

 

Any of you who have not seen the Last Lecture, please indulge yourselves, it is well worth it the time (about 1 hour). You will see a lot of you in the lecture, and you will see some of what you want to be.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

 

The Teacher may have passed on to give lectures in Heaven, but his lessons are still here for you and me to learn and grow from.

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

 

No comments: