Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Message of the Day - Surviving the Storm

Good Morning,

 

Sorry I could not send out a message yesterday, the snow storms which came through on Monday kept me from getting home. The roads were bad by the end of my day, and our company reserved rooms at the hotel next door for those who could not make it and were willing come back to work early and help cover those who would not make the next day.

 

Monday evening I had to finish a college paper for a college class, due that evening, and had other to does as well. I had a choice of what to do. I could have tried to brave the drive home, a normally short ride of some 35 minutes, which was taking others over two hours, and risk damage or worse, or I could stay at the office and help coordinate the evening. After deciding to stay, with help from Karen, I had my daughter email me my work in progress paper, and I had dinner and finished the paper before retiring to the hotel room.

 

This evening could have been a disaster, but it was my choice in how I faced it. I chose to take charge of my situation and make the best of it. At the end of the second day, I was a bit overtired, and a bit loopy, but in all it worked out well.

 

Remember, no matter what happens to you, you can still decide how you will face any situation. Rarely in life are you ever truly powerless. You may have limited options, but you still get to choose.

 

You can all survive the storm.

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

 

No comments: