Friday, October 4, 2013

Humble Appreciation - Our Success is often a product of a group effort

Good Morning,

 

We all have a lot to be thankful about, and during times of accomplishment we have even more.

 

So often, though, when we give thanks for what we have or what we have accomplished, it is a quick thank you maybe a few names and done. You know, those unmemorable thank you’s at the Academy Awards, etc.

 

Rarely have I seen true heartfelt appreciation like the one below from an inspiring young man I know through the Boys Scouts of America. He, a fellow Eagle Scout, had recently completed his Wood Badge Training like I had and was to receive his recognition at a recent meeting.

 

What impressed me most was his appreciation he posted on Facebook to show his humble thank you’s.

 

With Edward’s permission I share with you an inspiring thank you which shows true humble appreciation.

 

 

 

“Tonight was pretty awesome, so a great deal of thanks are in order!

 

First, to Greg …. for being a great Course Director and for the fun presentation. Also to Rebecca ….. and James …. for being my Patrol Guides through the Ticket process. It was great to have Sanford Berenberg, Larry …. and J.R. …  visiting, as well as the opportunity to share this moment with the always-awesome Troop/Crew 12 and their families.

 

And, as always, thanks to everyone who has had a hand in this process, even just a little. I can never solely take credit for my achievements because countless people, whether they realize it or not (or even if I realize it or not), have always helped me along the way. So let's keep making Scouting the best organization for our youth that it can be.

 

Finally, a congratulations to Troop 12 for a great celebration this evening, and for their achievements in the recent months. Keep on the trail to Eagle!”

 

 

And if I have not said it before, this 21 year old is going places, I look forward to the great things the Lord has planned for him.

 

He already knows that he is not an island. He knows very little is accomplished worth anything which is not a group effort.

 

Congratulations again Edward!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net
http://www.learnandgrowdaily.com

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

 

Click on the book to order: "Learn And Grow Daily!"

502-533-9336

 

 

 

No comments: