Thursday, April 2, 2009

Message of the Day - I had it coming, and I did it to myself...

Good Morning,

 

This last week has been a hectic one to say the least. My wife and I closed on a new home (multiple bathrooms, more space, garage, and an office for me!). So as most people who move do, we have started packing and moving our stuff slowly over to the new house a couple times a day as we prepare for the big move in a few weeks.

 

When I moved from Maryland to Kentucky in 2003, I packed a 17-foot rental truck with some 40 rubbermaid tubs full of stuff. We still have about 20 of them and most of them have been moved over to the new house at this point. In my years in Kentucky, I would unpack these tubs and consolidate them as I threw away or gave away those treasures I kept with my first move back in 2003.

 

So, now as I am moving my own materials to the new house, I find that these tubs I have now weigh a ton. Compacted, consolidated and all done by me, to me. So as I am huffing and puffing up the steps of our current basement, through the house to the car and then into the new house, I have myself to thank for the lack of planning for our own move.

 

Why did I not see this coming? We planned on moving for some time, so that spurred me to sell off, give away and throw out a lot of materials, but I guess it was the thrill of piling up empty tubs as I consolidated, who knows…

 

The point is that there are consequences to our actions, even those which are done in the best of intentions if when those actions are taken, they do not always consider the future. On the other hand, there is my wife, Karen, who when she filled tubs in preparation to move over the last year, the tubs weighed just enough for her not to carry them, but very light for me. (An evil plot on multiple levels I tell you!)

 

We must look ahead on our actions of today as they will often come back to haunt us down the road (like my space consolidation resulting in sore arms, legs and back). And yes, I have not been the Chiropractor (and he has been calling me to remind me I need a visit). I will be in tomorrow afternoon because I am due.

 

Enjoy!

 

And now, the first edition of ‘Learn and Grow Daily!’ is available for pre-order! at www.learnandgrowdaily.com. I received my copies two days ago and they look great. It is really neat to see your name on a book that someone else printed.

 

The books should be available online (at Amazon and other websites) in a few weeks, but you can order yours now, through my website.

 

 

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://www.berenberg.net   

http://learnandgrowdaily.com ß Click here to pre-order: “Learn And Grow Daily!”

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

502-533-9336

 

PS: If you know others who may enjoy this message of the day, please pass this message on or invite them to receive them themselves by sending a request to me. If you wish to stop receiving these, please also let me know. Thank you!!!

 

No comments: