Saturday, April 19, 2014

Get muddy and increase your productivity

Good Morning,

 

Today I gave about an hour and a half volunteer time to my community to help clean up a park as part of Louisville’s ‘Give a Day’ community-wide community service initiative were folks are asked to give any time to help the city and its communities.  

 

It turns out the park has been cleaned several times previously that week in preparation for a Shakespeare in the Park production this evening. A parks worker thanked me for my help but said it was unlikely I would even fill 1 bag with what garbage that was left.

 

I walked around and picked up the small stuff and then began to see cups, bottles, plastic bags and other debris in the woods, where it was wet and muddy. So I did what any good Scout would do, being prepared, I walked into the forest, and filled two bags with debris as I got muddy.

 

The assumption was there was only low hanging fruit and most of that had already been picked, so there was little to do. That I would not even fill one bag.

 

The truth was, I went where others were not willing to go, do get dirty and make an even larger difference by doing the unexpected.

 

Getting muddy, I got a lot more done.

 

Are there things in your life that you are unwilling to do because you feel it will be too dirty, too much work, or not worth the effort?

 

Maybe take a step off the clean path into the over saturated ground and do those things that others are unwilling.

 

The amount of work completed may just surprise you and those around you.

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net

http://www.learnandgrowdaily.com 

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi_sOWX8KGRCtPn_aSmwAMD834CMjpVb3FLAGCqWJbzeQUjY-3FToR_i8OCw7UDksANajCbw2s-vQMlparagAJ6j4EX3okn0_ffNiN0WxsOtBugA3IKbxktx78flFtmtKTpgHg2FinmIQc/s320/image001-748024.jpghttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg8O7EOa4c3N0WdCrUJkVfilL65D5oXJi4d5QZ0uaLWyQcJnNdS4KMp7LImsjsxfW53l8v3kvqf5SVJZMqLrn00Z6I7kyxAUV1RIh1xlPmwMeFytLAFeLm-c8ibeFQKuHvONkIJNxOkE40/s320/image002-749764.jpg  

  

 

Click on the book to order: "Learn And Grow Daily!"

502-533-9336

 




This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.


No comments: