Thursday, January 9, 2014

Power in that little icon.

Good Morning,

 

This past week and a half have been a blur. I had to drop everything and drive up to New York and Connecticut for my brother’s funeral. Part of the trip was to help carry out the often changing plans of everything that needed to be done. The crazy cold weather, snow storms, freezing rain and dare I say even colder weather made it more challenging.

 

In all of the trip, there was one moment where I felt a calming sense of joy. As I set up my GPS in my truck and touched the ‘where to’ section, it brought up a list of options.

 

Touching the ‘Home’ icon to navigate from West Virginia to home for my last leg was a happy moment.

 

All the thoughts of coming home, my loving wife and family (kids, dogs, cats, friends, etc.), even coworkers and organizations I work with filled me with warmth and happiness.

 

Just touching the icon caused a brighter outlook on the day.

 

Knowing that I was heading to where I feel most comfortable and loved warmed those bones as it as negative something, and O’Dark Thirty in the morning (about 4:00 AM).

 

The power of that icon is not where it would lead me, but what it meant to me.

 

I certainly did not have that same feeling when I programmed my GPS to go to my family and start the work on the Funeral. While I love my family and enjoy seeing them, I was not looking forward to what had to be done, and why it had to be done.

 

No, going home was more powerful.

 

It should always be.

 

Enjoy!

 

Sanford Berenberg

Sanford@berenberg.net
http://www.learnandgrowdaily.com

http://sanfordberenberg.blogspot.com/

 

Click on the book to order: "Learn And Grow Daily!"

502-533-9336

 

 

No comments: